Nutrient Management Planning

Seed Planter

Some animal agricultural operations are required to have DCR-approved Nutrient Management Plans. Others operations choose to follow plans as a means to better agronomic practices and fertilizer management. Still others choose to have plans written as part of various cost-share programs.

If you find yourself in need of a Nutrient Management Plan within the state of Virginia, please give us a call at (804) 561-7542 or email Robyn directly at to get started.

Certified Crop Advising

Featherstone Farm

Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) is a certification program of the American Society of Agronomy (ASA). ASA developed the certification program more than 20 years ago to establish a benchmark for practicing agronomy professionals.

Colin and Robyn both obtained their CCA certification two years after completing their degrees at Virginia Tech. To become CCAs, they had to:

  • Hold a Bachelor of Science degree with two years experience in crop advising and references from growers
  • Pass three comprehensive exams covering nutrient management, soil and water management, integrated pest management, and crop management
  • Commit to earn 40 hours of continuing education credit every two years
  • Adhere to a code of ethics that states they will always focus on grower profitability while optimizing and protecting natural resources

Making the choice to grow certified products from Featherstone Farm Seed always has and always will come with free certified crop advising.

Unverferth & GT Grain Dryers

We are certified dealers for Unverferth & GT Grain Dryers. Give us a call if we can help you with any equipment needs.

What do I need to start my Nutrient Management Plan?

  1. Copies of soil tests
  2. Analysis of any manures used as fertilizers
  3. Upcoming 3-year crop rotation
  4. Copies of FSA maps

Contact Us

For more information about our products or services, or to find out how we can help with your next project, please send us a quick message below:

* denotes required field